Letter 3/5/2012

FAMILIA!!!!


Wow can I tell you what, a week of milagros! This tuesday we showed up at the house of one of my investigators and we asked him, "Carlos how do you feel about baptism?"... He looked at us and told us he got his answer from God and was ready to be baptized... Wow my companion and I looked at each other and were like... "alright, anytime any place"... "perfect" he responded, "Tonight at 3 am, the 29th of February... I got my answer in the middle of the night, and its when i always find the most peace in my life, so three am"...

He told us to call our president and our bishop, and if anyone of them had a problem with that time, it wasn't an answer from God, and we would wait to have his baptism later... Well we put the phone on speaker and called the mission president... His reply was simple "Elders its late, but I think its what God wants, so take a taxi"... Hahaha no problems... We called the bishop and told him we were planning a baptism... Before we could finish, he told us, "Whenever and whatever time I'll be there... " I said "Perfect bishop, tonight at 3:00 am"... After honestly like 5 minutes of telling him, "yes bishop, honestly 3 am".... Well we had the baptism, and I baptized him in freezing cold water at 3:30 am on the 29th....


ALSO....


We had another baptism at this Sunday... Another miracle.... We showed up at the chappel to fill up our baptisimal font, but the was no water in the chappel! ZERO WATER.... Well the baptism was at 8, so we called our other companions in the stake center and told them to fill up there font, we'd be there in 1 hour... They called back 15 min later saying it was filled up, and it was cold water because the power lines were down in the stake center, so it was pitch black... My companion and I raced around asking our neighbors for flashlights, lighters, or basically anything that gave off light... We showed up at the chappel, and had the most spiritual baptism of my mission was close to being pitch black, minus the little light from the flashlights... But the best was after, the 14 year old girl came up to us after her confirmation and was crying,and her mom was crying,and they told us "thank you for everything you are doing for my girls... There's a love and peace in our house we've never had before"... It touched my heart, I love them so much, and now we just have one more sister to baptize....


...............................


Well to say the least, the mission is amazing right now... 7 weeks and 8 baptisms... The lord is working hard to change this area around, and were just his hands... To be honest, Ive seen a change in me that I never thought i'd see... For the first time in my life, I cant sleep because Im preoccupied with thinking about other people and how i can help them come unto Christ...


Tell Everyone I said hi, and also a big thanks for keeping me in their prayers!


Love you all...


Elder Smitheram

0 comments:



Blogger News



Make sure to write Elder Smitheram a letter this week!


February 23, 2013

<br>February 23, 2013


Elder Smitheram and his companion and one of their more recent baptisms.


Archives


Page Views

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © / Elder Smitheram

Template by : Urang-kurai / powered by :blogger